Getting Rid of Shower Mold
Mold growth is extremely common in residential bathrooms. The warm, wet, humid environment that your bathroom can create makes for an ideal fungal breeding ground. Shower mold is especially common, since this is where most of the excess moisture tends to collect. Follow the steps below to help resolve any mold issues your bathroom in Medford or Ashland, Ore; may be experiencing.
Cleaning a Moldy Shower
There are several tried and true cleaning methods to help get rid of shower mold. Here's how to perform one of the most effective techniques:
- Create a safe, non-toxic cleaning solution using equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Pour this solution into a clean spray bottle.
- Generously mist down the moldy areas. Make sure you're creating an even layer without over-saturating the tile. If puddles are forming in the shower basin, you're using too much cleaning solution. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the solution off.
- The mold should easily come off with the mixture. You may need to use multiple cleaning rags, depending on how large the affected area is.
- Use a kitchen sponge or scrub brush to attack any remaining mold patches. You can use a toothbrush to get rid of mold growing in the shower grout or caulking.
- Dry the area completely using a fresh, clean rag or cloth. Make sure to remove all excess moisture to prevent further mold growth.
Preventing Bathroom Mold
Keeping your bathroom clean and dry is the best way to prevent black mold from appearing. Every time you take a shower, you need to remember to completely wipe down the tile, tub edge, basin, grout, and caulking. Mop up any puddles on the floor that may have been left behind. To reduce condensation buildup, you can open a window while you shower or keep the bathroom door cracked.
Shower mold is an extremely common occurrence. Luckily, it's just as easy to remedy using the above technique. If this method doesn't work for you, or the mold growth is spreading out of your control, you need to contact mold remediation experts immediately.